Anyone serious about a new xr2002? 3 or 4 orders needed!!!

jas638

Banned
working seriously on at least two orders ready to go.in the talks with the family. discussion is mold re-tooling surcharge . added cost to the boat.guess its a bit of a game? i just cant be the guy who is gonna pay more so anyone can jump on board after the molds are done to pay less. not me.

ally2dextreme

working seriously on at least two orders ready to go.in the talks with the family. discussion is mold re-tooling surcharge . added cost to the boat.guess its a bit of a game? i just cant be the guy who is gonna pay more so anyone can jump on board after the molds are done to pay less. not me.
Its very disapointing i know first hand

Fl Boy in ILL

I talked to Nancy yesterday, CF is not an option due to no port to vacuum bag in the mold, pricing is pretty close as listed earlier in this thread (by the way to get CF on a drag is an extra 15K) they will do 3 but its an extra $1000, so it starts at 21k for wood, another 12-1500 for no wood, 1k for color and 5-600 for stripes s i would have to have yellow and black, that brings me to $23,800 plus whatever a trailer cost 3k? At this it still need rigging and all this for a 650# boat which by todays standards is pretty heavy. Allison considers this a race type boat, as much as I'd like to have one I think I have to pass.

I did just sell my XR2001 so I have the $$$ to buy but its not a good deal.
If you want to talk me into one please feel free to call me
815-252-6002

Rick

racerx

Sounds like 9 grand for mine is a deal and a half,fully rigged not a single hairline crack in transom with all new completely rerigged boat that is way lighter then a new one,has a few VERY VERY SMALL MINOR FLAWS,if someone was lookin this is the one and even comes with a Darris signature of approval for being a cream puff...

jas638

Banned
yeah ,its a good boat but ,the wood in it aint gonna last up here by me. so here is how i look at it . 9G plus 15hund to get it to me ,plus hydraulic 1g ,plus converting it to center steer (cost to fill the dash?)equals a boat that will last less than half as long as a new one for less than or about twice as much. not saying the boat isn't mint for what it is ,but in that big beautiful heated climate controlled enviroment is where it is best kept.wood boats dont last ,sorry.if i get a new one or not i really dont care. the worst that can happen is i buy a center steer ss and save money.guess that isnt that bad after all :)

jas638

Banned
there is a guy on snf ,local to me. he bought an xr2001 USED! WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP! wood was rotted!!. sorry i will never buy one of those ,unless i need it to compete.yeah its light . i picked it up off the trailer no problem. but needed a complete recore ,floor stringers,pad,transom. i told him cut it up and put it in the trash!!!!

jas638

Banned
i will never buy a boat unless the core is foam. thats why whalers last 50 years!!!! and so will my grand sport. so anyone that thinks the xr 2002 is not a good deal doesn't understand or just doesnt have the money. and will everyone who is not serious about buying ,please stop calling allison and wasting their time.it is not going to get this done any easier or faster.

Last edited:

Fl Boy in ILL

so anyone that thinks the xr 2002 is not a good deal doesn't understand or just doesnt have the money. and will everyone who is not serious about buying ,please stop calling allison and wasting their time.it is not going to get this done any easier or faster.
Are you implying I wasn't serious and shouldn't have called Allison? I do have the money and listed my phone number if somebody wanted to talk about it, as far as being a good deal, not really but I love Allisons and have owned 7 so far. I called so i could get MY questions answered, if I am going to spend that kind of money then I want to know what I can get and what I can't get. Nancy was helpful and didn't know the answer to all the questions i had, by the way out of the 7 Allisons I have owned I ordered 2 of them brand new so I know the drill as nancy called it.

I am truely torn on this cause i want one, but its still a 80's style with no real changes over the years except noe composite which is a huge plus so there is no rot as you have mentioned.

Rick

patches

there is a guy on snf ,local to me. he bought an xr2001 USED! WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP! wood was rotted!!. sorry i will never buy one of those ,unless i need it to compete.yeah its light . i picked it up off the trailer no problem. but needed a complete recore ,floor stringers,pad,transom. i told him cut it up and put it in the trash!!!!
Who told you the boats were cored with wood? I can't say I've seen one yet that was rotted and I've seen a ton. Boats shouldn't be left out in the elements for years. Sounds like yours will get left out

racerx

Jas mine is a 84 and the wood is perfect plus,just think you could build a 2 1/2 car heated garage for the xtra money you spend on a new one and a motorcycle to put next to it in the garage,and still have a faster boat then a ss.....

fnshrmaster

Jas mine is a 84 and the wood is perfect plus,just think you could build a 2 1/2 car heated garage for the xtra money you spend on a new one and a motorcycle to put next to it in the garage,and still have a faster boat then a ss.....
That's true for sure. The SS is a cool boat though. How much faster is an XR compared to a SS, rigged with the same power?

racerx

H2 is right,a ss is a good 105 boat a xr002 goes any speed you want,, this boat I have run 109 with a 24 pitch prop with a 280--260 electrics and stock sportmaster,,,,with the 2005 drag and stecbaur gearcase ran 115mph with same prop 1/2 under the pad, motor had a 1 inch spacer plate for setback,,,,my ss with a 2005 drag ran 115mph with a 26 and was on the edge of sumthin,very unsafe feeling,buy the xr002 is a 250lb lighter boat so the punch is for real....

jas638

Banned
Are you implying I wasn't serious and shouldn't have called Allison? I do have the money and listed my phone number if somebody wanted to talk about it, as far as being a good deal, not really but I love Allisons and have owned 7 so far. I called so i could get MY questions answered, if I am going to spend that kind of money then I want to know what I can get and what I can't get. Nancy was helpful and didn't know the answer to all the questions i had, by the way out of the 7 Allisons I have owned I ordered 2 of them brand new so I know the drill as nancy called it.

I am truely torn on this cause i want one, but its still a 80's style with no real changes over the years except noe composite which is a huge plus so there is no rot as you have mentioned.

Rick
good, glad to see a spark in your seat. it is 80's . but they are timeless in design. just like a 70-73 trans am i would have bought one of those new over a later model any day.i know there are two orders ,with you three. then maybe some bargaining leverage on the additional money charge under 4 orders. you want me to call ya ? i will shoot me a pm let me know. thanks,john

jas638

Banned
H2 is right,a ss is a good 105 boat a xr002 goes any speed you want,, this boat I have run 109 with a 24 pitch prop with a 280--260 electrics and stock sportmaster,,,,with the 2005 drag and stecbaur gearcase ran 115mph with same prop 1/2 under the pad, motor had a 1 inch spacer plate for setback,,,,my ss with a 2005 drag ran 115mph with a 26 and was on the edge of sumthin,very unsafe feeling,buy the xr002 is a 250lb lighter boat so the punch is for real....
what jeff says is true.

jas638

Banned
jeff ,i dont doubt its mint. just no room to expand the garage i have. believe me i thought about it.:)

jas638

Banned
Who told you the boats were cored with wood? I can't say I've seen one yet that was rotted and I've seen a ton. Boats shouldn't be left out in the elements for years. Sounds like yours will get left out
i saw the wood come out of it. yellow and black xr2001. what i meant was i would buy a used one. if i had a plce indoors heated for a wood core boat i would ,might consider buying a new one. when i said piece of crap i was referring to that boat specifically ,not all xr 01-02. just to clarify.

patches

To the best of my knowledge they're not cored with wood. Stringers, braces, and transom yes but not a core in them. Hope ya'll get the XR2002 built but 650 lbs is ridiculous. Tell him to cut 100-150 lbs of material out, bound to help with cost

suicidealli

I agree!!!!!! My ss was quick, BUT 110 mph I felt like I wasn't in control..
3 power heads 15" and a 20" mids, 4 lower units. To many props to count.
Great 800' boat, and a lake boat.