Dale Hollow smack talkin...

RedAllison

Normally this time of year the Hollow is 49 -53 degrees. With the recent cold weather I'd say it will be 43-48 degree. Them big ole brown fish will bite if you find them. Usually the lake is GIN CLEAR. Normally i'll run up in Sulphur, Illwill and Wolf creek and find the on secondary points. Try fishin.com and see if any of those guys have been down.
Thanks James, man you and Tim orta come down if you can. Would love to see yall. I've said for 25 years I was gonna fish this lake but just never got around to plannin it. CAN'T WAIT, finally less than a week away now. I know we all gonna love it, that lake is GORGEOUS and I can't imagine water that clear. On this end of TN "clear water" = being able to see any deeper than 3ft down. I can't imagine being able to see YARDS down!!! :shock:

:beer: :gone fishing
RA

GotMyAlly

Looks like the weather should be nice goin' in to next week.

That's a good thing, too! I wouldn't want Jim and Jeffro to FREEZE while they are sittin' out there not catchin' chit! At least they'll be warm while they watch me 'n' Andy catch all the fish.

Attachments

champ198

Holy cow what a fish!! Wow!! That make the entire trip worthwhile!! I know that lake is full of 'em. Look at the gut on that brown fish!!

I hope I tangle with one like that!! That would make my trip worthwhile!!

RedAllison

That's a good thing, too! I wouldn't want Jim and Jeffro to FREEZE while they are sittin' out there not catchin' chit! At least they'll be warm while they watch me 'n' Andy catch all the fish.
:same ole song

As said in years past... BRANG IT, DOAN BE SANGIN IT!!! :razz
RA

Meyers

I hope you guys start making this an annual trip as I want to get in on action...

I may be a Florida boy but I have some cold weather gear that I can put on and try to catch my first Brownie!

champ198

As of this post, long range weather forecast shows 60% chance of rain Thursday and Friday and temps in the 50's during the day and low's in the 30's (above freezing).

Bring your warm rain gear 'cause it might rain all weekend!!

I'll take the rain, I'm just happy to be going!!

RedAllison

I gots PLENNY of bad weather gear. I'll take rain and clouds over blue bird days ANYTIME. Fish will be shallower and more frisky, SPECIALLY them ol BIGGUNS!!! :gone fishing

Be arrivin up there about this exact time next Thursday! :beer:
RA

GotMyAlly

Here's the final menu for the week --

Thursday:

Dinner - Steak, sweet taters

Friday:

Breakfast - Omlets

Dinner - Ribs, grilled corn on the cob

Saturday:

Breakfast - sausage/bacon biscuits

Dinner - Split chickens, smoked baby taters

Sunday:

Breakfast - Sausage/bacon biscuits

I think I'm lookin' forward to eatin' as much as I am to the fishin'.

Bill Kemp

you fellows will have a ball if the weather is nasty some wind and clouds hopefully alittle snow and the big jaws will be after it
for those who have not been to horse creek jack ( i guess he still owns it been a couple years sense i have stayed there ) anyway he has some fairly nice cabins and motel the luach ramp is a my mom and the no wake zone is way out the creek close to a half mile long some really nice poeple there
have fun be careful

GotMyAlly

Looks like the temps should be mid-50's to 60 for the daily highs while we are there. Not sure what that will do to the fish, but being out there sure will be more pleasant than freezing temps.

RedAllison

Temp don't matter, just pray for cloudcover.

If it IS cloudy, well then Nealdo just make sure you and ol Pieboy got extry cryin towels cause me an ol Suede gonna have EXTRA LARGE DOSES of 'kickery fer yall!!! :LMAO: :LMAO:

:at the bar
RA

biller31

I was gonna come but Champ198's smack talk just scared me right out of comin. Plus, the last time I went out of HorseCreek without a GPS on the boat I got lost for a week and didn't notice cause I was so busy catchin fish that'd put Billy Westmoreland to shame off of Jerry Reed's favorite fishinholes so i'm out til the new big screens arrive. Thats right beothches! You're all gettin spared the embarrassment cause MY BIG SCREENS ARE ON THERE WAY!!! (Thats the best smack talk I could come up with since I'm likely not gonna be there due to lack of electronics.)

RedAllison

I was gonna come but Champ198's smack talk just scared me right out of comin. Plus, the last time I went out of HorseCreek without a GPS on the boat I got lost for a week and didn't notice cause I was so busy catchin fish that'd put Billy Westmoreland to shame off of Jerry Reed's favorite fishinholes so i'm out til the new big screens arrive. Thats right beothches! You're all gettin spared the embarrassment cause MY BIG SCREENS ARE ON THERE WAY!!! (Thats the best smack talk I could come up with since I'm likely not gonna be there due to lack of electronics.)
:same ole song :same ole song

Now THATs a new one I've never heard of, bout as poosified an excuse as I've ever heard as well. I'm afriad era I meanz I can't go feeshun cause my depthfinders aint big nuff!!! :blah blah blah

:twisted evil
RA

GotMyAlly

Man...RA got a flat screen on his dash bigger than the one hangin' on my livin' room wall....and he still won't catch no fish. Don't let lack of a 52" plasma stop ya from comin'.

biller31

I said it was the best I could come up with since I won't likely be able to be there. I had to make some kinda lame excuse. Seriously, If I can get up there I'll find ya'll. But I'm likely going to be collecting ladderstands this weekend off the old huntin lease. Ya'll have fun and I hope you all wear em out.