New allison model

msethsmile

Funny Guy
2Fast--
You do not understand my earlier post (the spoof), that makes two of us.
JR and dittos--
Isaiah 5:20, "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil..." Your Revelation quote probably refers to this verse.
YA--
I can't resist one last Sunday School lesson on AO!

The seventh (7=sign of completeness) generation after Adam on Cain's line was Lamech, who was evil personified. He denied any reliance on God whatsoever and was proud of it. Lamech died. All the Cainites were destroyed in the flood.

The seventh generation after Adam on Seth's side was Enoch, who totally relied on God. Enoch never died, God 'took him away'. Many Sethites eventually intermarried with the Cainites. The inclination of the thoughts of man was all evil all the time. One Sethite, named Noah, found favor (because he had faith) in God's eyes. He and his family were saved in the flood.

Truly, there is nothing new under the sun. A person is spiritually either a Cainite or a Sethite.

To return to the original topic, how much is this 24 on a trailer going to cost me? Run a pool. Winner gets a free 24 (joke). I'll say $35,500 + mota.

Texan

Boo, hiss Whipper....I know a man that won't even let the gas pump stop on anything 'triple 6.' But I like your wit. That's quick in light of recent posts within this thread.

whipper

Believe me I had second thoughts!! Im much the same but I couldnt resist in lew of. Let me reinterate 37650.00 ,There that was much easier.:smile Forgive me God. It was scaren the cra_ outa me to. I Edited it. James

Last edited:

Texan

Amen, A-Brother. Still that was a good one. You should have left it alone and taken a chance on getting struck down.

JR

James,
You could have awakened one night/opened your eyes and there stood Hillary&Bill&Satan and then you would know that you really screwed up.......
Smirk,
JR

Wicky

All this religious talk makes me squirm!!!! Yuk. Puke. Granted, I've only read the first page of this post and the last page of this post.
Could we stick to just boats please. I think the price will be listed for $45,666+moto
Thanks,
Wicky

whipper

Wicky thats what happens when ya have a post that has generated over 100 replies!! Holly cow thats a lot for one topic. oops sorry Wickey. I ment wow.:big grin Things get off topic at times. James

whipper

Your probably right around there. Theres not to many 24fters less than 60 these days. I cant wait to see her. Does any one know if she will be available with a vee birth or any thing like that? James

JR

Wicky,
Too bad.
It bothers me when Perverse things are talked about.
JR

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
Moderator chiming in.

This post is entitled "New Allison Model" and it should neither appropriately contain perversities or a religious discussion.

These topics are best voiced and handled in Private Messages or at minimum under the forum heading, "General Stuff".

Having said that, I will not allow perversities, attacks, uncivil conduct, or intolerance here. :beating dead horse

Now...Back to the new 24-foot model. I have kept quiet about this one for a long time. In December I spent many hours on the phone with Darris Allison as he described its features, benefits, performance, and likely pricing. Although he didn't tell me to keep everything confidential, I prefer to err on the side of discretion and not divulge everything before it has a chance to be patented. I will say that there are a host of patentable (read: Money-making, by definition) advances in this hull design. It is going to set that portion of the boat market on its ear, with efficiencies that seem impossible. Darris went into great detail about how many of these advances seemed counter-intuitive..yet they worked.

Here is one such specification: Hull weight, 2,000 lbs (1 ton) and a top speed of over 90 mph GPS with a 225 Optimax. The boat will be made available in a sort of daycruiser configuration, as well as a bowrider model.

He was definite in his description of the vessel as in its intended use as a "LAKE boat", NOT an offshore. Yet I personally feel this is sort of like the "150 horsepower" rating for the XB-2003. :cool

This boat will easily handle the weight of the new Verado motors plus anything else in the heavyweight category that the motor builders are dreaming up.

Now the not so good news....the price....Expect $70,000 for the boat (with or without motor, I can't recall, sorry). My wife says I can't have one. :laughing

Last edited:

whipper

Cant wait to see her.Any idea if she will be ready this year? Sounds like a great family alrounder with a 300x bowrider please. It would be nice to have a stowable hard top for the bow section of bowriders. I like there room but when its nasty out I dont feel safe if a big roller comes over the bow as much as I do with a closed bow. Nice to have an option kinda like the TTops on a Vet. James

JR

I would probably not be interested in a 3000# [when rigged] boat. I was thinking it would be maybe 2000# when rigged. I am sure the $70K must be with some sort of engine.

Lou, do you need Susan to convince Cathey for you?
JR

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
James, given Darris' attention-to-detail and making sure every single aspect is absolutely perfect prior to model release, I would say that we are in the first stages of this model's design, not anywhere near to its completion and availability.

The BassSport 21 took what, 7 years of work before finally being released.

Darris sweats and analyzes every detail, and you can be sure that when this boat finally does appear for sale, it will have all the hallmarks that make an Allison unique, futuristic, and surprising. I know for sure there will be at least two models, the "daycruiser" one kind of like a king Grandsport, with a mini-cabin in the bow (nothing huge but enough room to take a nap or get some privacy or out of the sun), and the bowrider version with seating up front. The idea of a stowable top is a good one, and Darris may consider that.

This boat will be perfect for the type of boating environment I live in: Lakes, and the California Delta...and even the San Pablo / San Francisco bay.

I can see it now...."Honey, let's buzz over to San Francisco for lunch today!"....45 miles across the bay each way, there and back without burning a full tank of fuel.

Compare this to the economy of a dual-Merc inboard Eliminator...at the boat show, I asked about the range and mileage: Burns 2 gallons a mile, 210-gallon tank. That's a range of 105 miles costing $630 in fuel for the fill-up, if gas is 3 bucks a gallon. $630 to go 105 miles. Oh well; if you have to ask, you can't afford it I guess. :cool

PS JR, YEA!!! Break out the secret weapon (Susan) :razz

Last edited:

Mr. Scary

I think the world of Darris, but one thing I've learned is to wait and see when it comes to performance numbers in the real world. We've all lived through this....

1. The 96 MPH XB2003 Tournament tested in Bass and Walleye Boats with a "Stock" 225 ProMax. Turned out the motor wasn't "stock" and the boats really ran more like 92 with two guys in it.

2. The SuperSport Drag was said to be way faster than the XR-2001 drag and they were going to stop building the XR-2001. A couple of guys bought SS-2000 Drags because of that....they were not even close. Turns out they only tested the SS-2000 in 1000'....we race 1320'.

So, I truly believe the boat will be faster than anything in it's class, but a 24', 2000 pound boat plus rigging plus driver going over 90 MPH GPS with a 225 OptiMax? That's a little tough to see happening. If it happens it will be the most unbelievable performance boat in the history of boating and I'll tip my hat to him even more than I do today. Well, I say that, but if he were to test on Randy Pierson's lake, it might do it.

froggy

I saw it in a dream. It looked just like an, upside down, geodesic dome with a transom and running lights. Sorry dream did not include interior or performance, but it looked like it was running fast. Did not hook.

New factory buildings were being constructed to accomodate storage needs.

froggy

msethsmile

Funny Guy
Hack and/or 2fast--
70K + a 330xs (18-19k?) would put it at 90K. OUCH! Going the other way, if price incl mota would be around 50K. What is a comaparable (lengthwise) baja (speed changes you) or checkmate with a bigblock? Suspect around 60k turnkey. Not exactly apples for apples but neither is a 20-30k difference.

I remember in the early 90's there was talk of an open bow gs. Is this going the same route?--nowhere?

Scary--
I don't know if the ss was ever intended to compete with a 2001. I always heard it was intended for a 1600# class. Then lake racer went heavier yet? Is that correct?