Russ "62mph" P.

whipper

It's an amazing feeling and such an amazing boat Allison builds!!
When you consider the process of what it takes to make them run as fast as they can its really incredible the different stages build into the hull. There is no other hull like an Allison. I know no one likes to admit it and some out right deny it buy really any fast vee hull did get there speed from Allisons bottom design. Before the invent of the pad buy Allison, Vee hulls were simply no wear near as fast as they are now. Like Reggie Fountain said he never would have been so successful in Off Shore racing if it wasn't for Allison boats design. They were trying everything to go faster to the bottom and mostly just more HP. Thats until he studied the Allison bottom and added a pad to his Off Shore boat and then they left the competition behind and won every race untill everyone started doing it. They are truly all works of art!

The same things going to happen again. Darris has pattens on his new hull design. Its more efficient than any other hull for its size in the world today buy the sounds of it. There is no hull 23ft or 22.2 in length that will run close to 90 with a 225 2.5 motor. Let alone 100 with a stock 250xs as yet to be tested to that speed but have no doubt if Darris says it will do it he would know. Fortunately for Allison this will be protected buy copy right for a while. But as soon as other manufactures can as they did with the pad Vee this new technology will make its way to other hulls. I dont mind the fake rolex look and performance at all they make pretty good copy's these days as with anything. But i would rather have the real thing if I could afford it.;)

I only say this on our Allison site because this site is for our eyes only and for the most part as Allison owners we have a deep appreciation for what we have. I mean no disrespect to any other person who has any other boat at all. On the contrary. Any one who has any boat that floats in a friend of mine. What ever floats your boat. Ive owned wood row boats as my main boat before and loved it! But the longer I own an Allison the more I appreciate all the small details that some times take more time to realize with these hulls because of there intricacy. Like fine art the maker may have not even knew ALL these things that they would become after they were built? They obviously knew they had a great boat because they were a great builder and designer but i believe they have become more than just that! They are to me the Pecasso or Rembrandt of boats this size. When you think about how many sleepless nights and dreams over 10 years to design one boat!! Who does that!! So the details ,nit picked and changes to perfection over a long time span has more love and meaning that takes perhaps years for the new owner to truly realize. Some will find the reasons behind all of them some will not. But all who own an Allison will know they have something truly special to enjoy. :D

flying07

yeah, big mike is losing more hair. . . . although looks like i am too. . . . thank god i can't drive 90 yet, keep the hair a lil longer hahah

flying07

Russ whats your motor a 225? 90 great with a 225 2 up.
Yeah, a 225, total fresh build though and running Brucato box and he did all the injectors. I still have a little room to 'tune it up', but 90 with a 26 chopper works for big mike. . . . 79 and that same chopper works for me for the time being. . haha

flying07

I bet that's a quick 90 ! Sound like fun ! What kind of prop is it ? I could use a 26 on the smaller lakes . Some times I run out of lake before my motor winds up .
RacerX's old chopper. I dont know why it runs so well, has been repaired, had a ding I polished out, and yet, runs great! Winds up real quick, that tach is at 7200 in no time!

flying07

Update time! Well, it finally happened, though the lake was a little rough (just under white caps!), made some passes, felt good, hit the trim again, set her down, and you'll see by my reaction, 82 was showing! Boat felt great!! Next time i'll need a different camera angle, but it's here cause it was my first time breaking 80! after the celebration, laid down a flat 80, then put her away as the wake boats came out. . . . i think i'll get this allison thing yet!haha

ScottB

You are ahead of me. My best so far is 78mph. Hit 72 this weekend, but could not find clean water to run in. Do you have a trim gauge? I do not, and usually bump up 8-10 hits to find what I think is a good spot.

flying07

You are ahead of me. My best so far is 78mph. Hit 72 this weekend, but could not find clean water to run in. Do you have a trim gauge? I do not, and usually bump up 8-10 hits to find what I think is a good spot.
No trim guage for me scott. I've been lucky, Big Mike showed me a lot, i just keep bumping trim and wait for the boat to rise up and watch that speedo climb!! coming down from speed is what i'm working on most, keeping the walk out! i think i did alright slowing in the video, for a novice such as myself so far. such a sweet feeling to bump that trim and just feel the entire boat raise up, you know it's flying and the balancing begins! and since i've never cheered like that after being with a lady, gotta agree the feeling is better then sex! haha

whipper

haha congratulations!! Like riding a bike,once you got it you never forget it. Just take it slow now. Good water only and if outa shape just back off. Even when you have it you really shouldn't drive threw it. When you have a passenger have a counter weight ready to move over to your side. More than one passenger guess there weight and place them accordingly they can counter them selves. Theres no bad seat in an Allison.:D Now you need to learn what you can and cant safely run over as far as wakes go at 80. Wakeboat wakes never ever try to run over those wide rollers at speed!! Regular boat wake were a boat is above cruising speed head on no big they feel like you just ran over a cat. B-Bump o_O

You know belong to a small group of drivers on the planet. PKSTV is right. I have a friend who raced F1 Tunnels with many National high points Championships and world records and he cant drive an Allison. He bought an SS and tried to learn and said aint going to happen and sold it before he got it.:rolleyes:

WAY TO GO!!

flying07

haha congratulations!! Like riding a bike,once you got it you never forget it. Just take it slow now. Good water only and if outa shape just back off. Even when you have it you really shouldn't drive threw it. When you have a passenger have a counter weight ready to move over to your side. More than one passenger guess there weight and place them accordingly they can counter them selves. Theres no bad seat in an Allison.:D Now you need to learn what you can and cant safely run over as far as wakes go at 80. Wakeboat wakes never ever try to run over those wide rollers at speed!! Regular boat wake were a boat is above cruising speed head on no big they feel like you just ran over a cat. B-Bump o_O

You know belong to a small group of drivers on the planet. PKSTV is right. I have a friend who raced F1 Tunnels with many National high points Championships and world records and he cant drive an Allison. He bought an SS and tried to learn and said aint going to happen and sold it before he got it.:rolleyes:

WAY TO GO!!
Thanks Whipper!! it's been so fun, got a little 'down' for a while with the chine walk, but spent time with Big Mike, and now making progress again! Great feeling, thanks for the help and encouragement everyone!!

mikesufka

Cliffy -

The good ol' days when we'd park 30-50 Hydrostreams, Allisons, STV's, etc... on the docks at Moonlight Bay for laughs, looks, and cocktail hour(s). Then off to Big Island after a rip thru Big Trout and Upper & Lower Whitefish. Good days and memories for sure. Too bad those days are long gone.

Last edited:

flying07

so it's update time. Had the GS out last night. aside from my end of the night 'starter problem' (see post under motors, trying to figure that out), i wasn't really looking for speed last night. Took a few nice cruises low to mid 70's, as the lake was gorgeous! On one run, just felt good, trimmed a little, and ran her there for over a mile. Set it down, nothing special. . . . until i saw 86.7 on the gps! It's like the stars aligned. . . felt great, hell, I might get a hang of this Allison driving thing yet!!

flying07

It is the most incredible feeling! I look aback when 55mph this spring was hard, then when 62 was chine walk city! The first time I got on the pad was like 'oh my god!', and first time getting off the pad smooth, an accomplishment! Now to just get to the pad, even pound some waves, cruise at 70, and feel that boat 'fly' at speed, it's unbelievable! gets you hooked for sure!! Incredible boats, very humbling at time, but the feeling when she starts to fly is like no other!! Nothing can compare to an Allison, that's for sure!!

procomp

Cliffy -

The good ol' days when we'd park 30-50 Hydrostreams, Allisons, STV's, etc... on the docks at Moonlight Bay for laughs, looks, and cocktail hour(s). Then off to Big Island after a rip thru Big Trout and Upper & Lower Whitefish. Good days and memories for sure. Too bad those days are long gone.
Yes. Met some great people. Good times. You ever bump in to Terry Wright up there?

whipper

It is the most incredible feeling! I look aback when 55mph this spring was hard, then when 62 was chine walk city! The first time I got on the pad was like 'oh my god!', and first time getting off the pad smooth, an accomplishment! Now to just get to the pad, even pound some waves, cruise at 70, and feel that boat 'fly' at speed, it's unbelievable! gets you hooked for sure!! Incredible boats, very humbling at time, but the feeling when she starts to fly is like no other!! Nothing can compare to an Allison, that's for sure!!
Thats the e-Ticket feeling right there that has us who can drive an Allison hooked!! Thats all you will do now for the rest of your life is search for water to get her on the pad. Its a small club of drivers who can actually do what you can now. take pride in the fact that you can. some of us take it for granted after awhile until a new driver comes around to remind us its no easy feat! Good job and be safe but have fun most of all.

i know for me. If im having a shitty day paying bills or just cant get calm about something Ill go for a spin in the GS and while on the water everything just goes away from my mind and i find peace again in doing something i love. Darris has created a dream.. That why they are so special. A fair number of go fast boats have the pad but none feel like an Allison.