bullwhipjkg

hmmm wonder where the bball idea come from

couldnt have been from tha slowest boat on tha site could it

looks good mark

hullbilly

hmmm wonder where the bball idea come from

couldnt have been from tha slowest boat on tha site could it

looks good mark

From the time I showed up, you no longer have the title of the slowest boat!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
I still hope one day of putting a slimy bucket mouth in this thing! If y'all wouldn't out run me so bad, maybe I'd have time to go fishing!

Casey G

Mark the install looks good! I wonder if they make one for a 02, more so if the plate is the same for all the boats and they are just changing up the mounting brackets? I have the factory plate that came on my xr that i never used. I guess i could make some brackets myself, but I've been very lazy lately. Although i did find some time over the Christmas Holidays to swap the 260 for the SS 200 and move my batteries over! I hope to start testing next weekend. Get ready boyz :beer:

bullwhipjkg

iz that the 2.4 or the 2.5 thats gonna be a big change that would be like me going from the baby mota to a drag

Casey G

Justin it's the 2.5. I decided to save the 2.4 for now and see how this thing runs at 1950. I'd rather not tear up the 2.4 if I don't have to.

YellowXF

CG, guessin you put all that on the passenger side since you got a side steer?

hullbilly

Mark the install looks good! I wonder if they make one for a 02, more so if the plate is the same for all the boats and they are just changing up the mounting brackets? I have the factory plate that came on my xr that i never used. I guess i could make some brackets myself, but I've been very lazy lately. Although i did find some time over the Christmas Holidays to swap the 260 for the SS 200 and move my batteries over! I hope to start testing next weekend. Get ready boyz :beer:

From talking to Bill at Allison, I believe the plates are all the same shape, just different lengths depending on hull and possibly midsection. Before you make some brackets, let me know and I'll email you the latest directions.

By the way, who makes those battery trays in your pic? Very clean and sturdy.

Got my extra trim solenoid in yesterday, what gauge wire do I use for the 24 volt stuff vs. the 12 volt stuff?

Thanks

Blue Gray in PA

The skid planer made a big difference on the holeshot in my 03 and no impact on top end - yet anyway. They now have brackets from Allison and you can drill them top fit the factory JP holes - you just need to decide which length plate you need. Mine used the long one even with a SM nosecone and it really keep the nose down on liftoff

2fast4mom

Staff member
Supporting Member
It cut my holeshot in half at least - and another unexpected benefit was that it is now impossible to backwash the aft deck even during a hard shutdown.

Just make sure you leave a little extra room to "coast" because the boat will glide further.

XB2003, 280 SS.

wj225

We'll I couldn't stand it. I had to order some parts from Allison and I told Bill to go ahead and through-in the skid-planer for my 2003. Now, if I can just figure how to install it as I have the two-piece extension and the brackets don't seem to fit very well.

Bill

K.Kiser

Mark, did You ever mention what the results of Your skid planer was, performance wise..? Inquiring minds wan't to know...

hullbilly

Kevin,

I committed the ultimate drag racer sin. I changed several things at once, so I can't tell you exactly. Keep in mind, at Buhlow I only had my 26 trophy to run. What a joke! This past weekend I had a 22, skidplainer, and foil. It was a totally different boat. For a big ol bass boat, I thought it came out of the hole very good. It definitely left flatter with the nose much lower on holeshot. I'm sure there was a huge performance increase due to the prop, but I'd have to say the skidplainer definitely isn't some snake oil add on in my opinion. We were only running about 800 feet and I didn't notice the skiplainer effecting top end at that distance. The boat felt like it lifted good too. I was able to hang with boats that slaughtered me at Buhlow.

One thing is for sure....my stock rev limiter sucked the big one with that 22. Sorry I can't provide the scientific data that everyone is looking for with this thing, but in my opinion, if installed per the specs., it is very effective for improving holeshot.

I should've bought a RACE BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K.Kiser

Ah yes, the feel of a strong drag prop at work is a wonderful thing... One that will push out low and straight and zip those rpm's and mph's right on up there is addicting, and I'm also sure that the planer helped, I've got one on My wish list... We've had fat bassers, fast bassers, lake racers, and drags blah blah etc. and they all have their perks and jerks... All around it's tough to beat an Allison bassboat, if You want to split hairs within the bullseye My opinion would be an XB02 Comp as the sure fire handle - all screamer with a front deck to walk on and that has many advantages that You never notice until it's replaced by a race deck... I reckon We all want what We haven't had, I'd like to take a ride on a rough day in an XB03 because I've so much about the ride and rough water ride has always been something that I appreciate... In summary, fast Bassboats are awesome lake racing machines... My next one may be another XB of some variey, the older I get the more sense they make...

Casey G

Mark your boat looked good out there, remember it takes some time to get everything dialed in and working in harmony. I'm confident you'll have it all down by the first race and that includes getting rid of that dang limiter.

Let me know if ya'll want to come down one weekend to do some testing. You could meet us at the river one Saturday morning and we could test before the tourist get there and then ride around. Then maybe after that head to Galveston or Kemah for some dinner. Crash at the house and head back in the morning.

Oh and my buddy Chuck and I made the bracket, I have one just like it in the xr.

K.Kiser

Nothing wrong with that, came out slick and took a good set... Did You chop the throttle early or try to trim down..?

hullbilly

Mark your boat looked good out there, remember it takes some time to get everything dialed in and working in harmony. I'm confident you'll have it all down by the first race and that includes getting rid of that dang limiter.

Let me know if ya'll want to come down one weekend to do some testing. You could meet us at the river one Saturday morning and we could test before the tourist get there and then ride around. Then maybe after that head to Galveston or Kemah for some dinner. Crash at the house and head back in the morning.

Oh and my buddy Chuck and I made the bracket, I have one just like it in the xr.
Casey - I had a blast driving the boat. I could've done a better job driving in my opinion and probably done a little better. That was the first time the boat has been in the water since the plates, 24 volt trim, ect.... That first pass with Justin, I dang near trimmed the entire gearcase out of the water..ha ha ha ha! Nothing like a little on-the-job training I guess! I definitely appreciate your comment above about taking time to dial it in. I can't help but be competitive when I get out there, but I do understand you have to crawl before you can walk.

A little testing session sounds great. It's obvious the next move will be the ECU, but that's where things start getting a little above my experience level to be perfectly honest. I've got a few questions for you, so I'll give you a shout sometime soon.

Thanks for the invite!

PS - You talk about addictive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't worth the chair I sat in today at work. I had kim email me some videos she took and everytime it got a little slow, you could here a screaming 2-stroke from my office! I sent one to a few friends at work that don't even know what an allison is...ha ha ha