Skidplainer Installation Instructions

hullbilly

guilty, thanks for the photos ,I have one as a screen saver::cool
Hey Wes! Good to see you on the board! I guess you can see I'm in pretty deep and having a blast with the boat! I was planing on taking a bunch of pics this past weekend, but never got around to it. I do have some decent vids, but mostly of just the passes I made (Coached Kim to not miss "our" boat). I'll send one your way when I get a chance.

You decided to keep that sweet xr2001!? We need to hook up at one of these races or events and get a pic of the two side by side! You know getting that thing wet won't hurt it! You still in break-in? If not, how fast? Did I hear Bruce say something about racing this year?

Mark

hc speed

yeah but don't tell anyone, I finally got everyone convinced i"m clark kent :wink with all the seat time you are getting I may have to get you to drive my 2002 :at the bar

hullbilly

wj225,

It looks like you drilled a new hole(s) in your setback?? I elected to utilize the existing holes in mine and encountered other issues as a result. I liked the way mine turned out, but I'll have to agree, it was a bigger pain than I expected.

No water over the back on my last trip and I didn't baby it coming off plane like before. I think you'll like it. I haven't had mine in any kind of rough water, so I'll hold my final opinion until then.

wj225

I didn't drill any new holes in my setback plate. I did drill new holes in the skid-planer plate. I have a different set-back plate than you which required me to mount the brackets on the inside of the set-back plate. This necessitated me to re-drill the skid-plate. I think my installation looks good, I just hope it has as good effect on holeshot as everyone indicates.

Bill

hullbilly

OK, I couldn't tell if our setback plates were the same as mine or not. If you were able to install it close to or per the specs., I think you're going to see a big improvement in your holeshot. Have you considered adding some type of flotation inside your setback/jackplate?

hc speed

Darris give me one a couple of years ago and it worked great on hole shot.I had issues at around 100 i could never get on it over a 100 becase the front would go sky high and about flip over.Well i finally found out it was my new gearcase from tooters was wacked out...Havnt been in the boat since.It made alot more difference than the one on the motor,alot less tilting to the side on take off
yeah I 'm with you , i would be afraid of how it would act on top on a 2002 . just from a geometry change , ( or false since of pad geometry ) I m afraid my boat would get up on it and gain some leverage , lose favorable hydrodynamics , and gain very violent aerodynamics ( as in bow to the sky):help

K.Kiser

If Your referring to the skid planer (set Me straight If I'm wrong), then the chances of it affecting top-end performance is nearly zero if installed correctly... If it were to ever contact the water at high speed, this would be caused by a very incorrect installation and in turn would probably cause the nose to never want to rise up to a desired level...

wj225

HB,
The installation is dead-on the numbers that Darris supplied regarding the distance above the pad and the distance back from the pad. I can't wait to give it a try.

Kiser - I hope it doesn't do anything to affect top speed. I finally got the boat running on top like I always wanted.

Bill

K.Kiser

Bill, in that case I'm jealous... I'm gonna have to go knock off a few convenient stores to go buy one, but it'll be worth it when I do... lol

wj225

Good luck, Jerry. The worse part is getting everything lined up at the right height and distances to mark the holes for drilling. Just make sure that you check the measurements three or four times before marking and drilling. Good luck with it!! Still waiting to try mine out.

Bill

Rocket

We just got finished putting one on Jims XR2001....

It was pretty easy..

The hardest thing is trying to keep the plate EXACLTLY level all directions as you drill and bolt it up...................

I will let you know if I like it or not in a few weeks when we can get her wet!!!!

Allyfishing

Hello Gentlemen,
I am a new member of the Allison owners forum and unfortunately do not own an Allison. I am envious of Allison owners and am determined to own one some day myself. I was told that I did not have to be an owner to join the forum and I appreciate that. I just purchased the skid plate and brackets from Bill at Allison after describing my rig and setup and I'll tell ya, what a first class guy taking time out to discuss my set up and not owning one of their boats. Keep up the good work cuz I believe that it is guys like you that make the people at Allison do what they do best. Hope ya don't mind me following the post and asking questions. Thanks, Craig :at the bar

catfish123

Welcome..........if you would ever like a ride in my XB2003 with 225X, just let me know........I live in PA also and boat on Raystown Lake. I have a camper near the lake and you would be welcome to stay there as well since the lake is roughly 170 miles from your hometown.

Bob