Knob Cut 26p

Crazyoz

Banned
Spent the weekend in Ohio with Tbuck and family. Great place and great family and had a great time. Done alot of testing on the river in my XB2002 and just wanted to let you guys no that the Knob cut prop runs awsome. I ran a 26 and got to 101 quick with a promax that has SVS and the exhaust chest drilled out. turned it 7700 with a 200 case and 1.75 gears. Not bad at all, but the drivability of this prop is awsome along with the acceleration. It will carry some weight too. Cant say enough about Todd and Tom of Hydromotive. When you get to know these guys your going to love them. Great people and great products. If you aint got one then go get one. You want regret it.

Oz

Last edited:

Brack

yep......I like my 26 knob......spinning it 8200 with 187's

I recently got a 28 bigear.....thats going to Ohio also,

...next will be a 24

Fishforcash

What is the diam of the Knob Cut?

What would this do on a XTB-21 with a 225 ProMax, 7500 limiter, SVS?

Crazyoz

Banned
14.5 if I am not mistaken. I would think it would run good. If you are coming to the fastpass rally I would let you run mine to see what you think.

pickwickangler

What is the diam of the Knob Cut?

What would this do on a XTB-21 with a 225 ProMax, 7500 limiter, SVS?
It would be one of the best driving, fastest holeshot and accelerating props. I may be wrong but I think the diameter is a little less than 14 1/2. Also depends on if you get a regular big ear or the chopper 2 cut as they were different dia. I am still lovin this prop, I have a Hoss Hyperdrive that is my 2nd favorite prop but it doesn't carry weight as good, holeshot as good, or drive as easy. Easiest drivin prop that has ever been on any of my allisons.

Fishforcash

Thanks Andy and Oz. I dont think I will be ready for Clifton. This one is taking a toll on me and with Cris going through the medical stuff being housekeeper and having time for the boat is tough juggling act. She is getting better so hopefully I will have it done sometime in July and I can make the Ft Smith run or just hang with my brother Okies over on fun island for some weekends. Got all my parts so its time to get my azz off the pot and get busy.

john4utvols

Oz that Ohio water must be slow, We ran the knob cut 26 104 here in Tn. Todd sending you a 28 chopper. That prop ran great on Oz's boat.

TBuck2003

Everything is slow up here in Alaska John Boy!!!!! Glad you liked it ran STRONG on Ricky's Triton...lol Send it on up John I can have it ready for you by Rally time.Do you need a fat shaft put in? Let me know.

TBuck

P.S. Your stuff is ordered

Crazyoz

Banned
Gentleman I’m sure this is a very nice prop, but saying it will accelerate as well or better then a Mercury Lightning ET and Yamaha drag prop? :gasp

I’m an acceleration junkie so you have my attention.

Has anyone put it on a clock… 800',1000’, 1320 feet or whatever compared to a real Lightning ET and Yamaha drag prop?

If this prop accelerates that hard it would be a great candidate for our rally next May when we do the prop testing runs. :smile
Me and my good friend John tested the Knob cut 26 and the Mercury ET 26 and the results where something like this. The hole shot was about the same to close to tell any difference, midrange acceleration was also to close to tell any difference, top end the knob ran 104 and the ET ran 103. Both handled well but the knob would carry more weight. Both where easy to drive. I would take either but compare the prices. The knob you can get for $625 and shipping and the last time I checked the ET was about $1100 plust shipping. Sorry if this upsets anyone but the results are what they are. I know own a knob cut and for the price I would recommend it to anyone. I forgot to mention that this is on an XB2002 with a 260 with a 15 inch mid and JC 200 case ready to fish.

OZ

Last edited:

johnnyracer

Me and my good friend John tested the Knob cut 26 and the Mercury ET 26 and the results where something like this. The hole shot was about the same to close to tell any difference, midrange acceleration was also to close to tell any difference, top end the knob ran 104 and the ET ran 103. Both handled well but the knob would carry more weight. Both where easy to drive. I would take either but compare the prices. The knob you can get for $625 and shipping and the last time I checked the ET was about $1100 plust shipping. Sorry if this upsets anyone but the results are what they are. I know own a knob cut and for the price I would recommend it to anyone. I forgot to mention that this is on an XB2002 with a 260 with a 15 inch mid and JC 200 case ready to fish.

OZ

What kind of RPMs?