Knob Cut 26p

BigRedAlli

Todd at Hydromotive Knows all about Fish'in....I'm sure he can hook you up with a great fish'in prop....:big grin

TBuck2003

Very Good Marty,
But it won't be so funny when you see me on Saturday Mornings on my new "Booesheut Fishing Hour" on ESPN...

TBuck

suicidealli

i have not ever ran a knob cut.... i cut, and modify props all the time. just got one in today... i have a cut i do that looks really similar to it, and it rocks.... they are all small though 23 is the bigest i have made.... i like them better than a et for drags. just as good as yammi, but with less slip..... this is the first time i have seen pics of one... it is a proven design..... the first one i bought from somebody, and have been copying ever since...... it is not a knob cut i'm sure, just real similar... i having one rehubbed now. i will take a pic of it when i get it back. my next new prop is going to be a knob cut form todd.......... everybody loves them on a ally.... i dont know how many guys said it was there fastest prop, at the rally....

roy

Jimxb02

Sending a stock Merc chopper to Todd for a nob cut is still a good option.

I ran my XB2002 today in cool weather with a 225 promax ( 200 case with 1.87 gears, SVS, no rev limiter ) and a 28" nob cut.

Very strong mid range and a 101.3 GPS top end at 7800 RPM.

Tournament model with no troller and one battery, half tank of gas.

Jim

jimbob88

I just love how proud thom looks in the background of that pic. To me that is the best part. Lmfao
Dragging boats from Ohio- $400
Room& board - $600
Eats n drinks- $ 300
Finding out how excited my grown son is about Hannah Montana- priceless!!
God I get bored in the winter...

Last edited:

boat doctor

Re: Knob Cut 26p with a Mazco RE3

Tod

I have a mazco RE3 , 14.5X24 . and I would like to cut to "Knob".
Is't OK ??:confused:

Boat Doctor:surprised

TBuck2003

Re: Knob Cut 26p with a Mazco RE3

Tod

I have a mazco RE3 , 14.5X24 . and I would like to cut to "Knob".
Is't OK ??:confused:

Boat Doctor:surprised
Boat Doctor,
I would prefer you ship it to me and let me look it over and put a template on it.But if it has full blade area and 14.5 " you are probably in good shape to get one done.Call me 440-241-9197

TBuck

TBuck2003

I just love how proud thom looks in the background of that pic. To me that is the best part. Lmfao
Dragging boats from Ohio- $400
Room& board - $600
Eats n drinks- $ 300
Finding out how excited my grown son is about Hannah Montana- priceless!!
God I get bored in the winter...
Lol... Hey Jimbob while your bored think about one question??? "Gosh I wonder who won the prop raffle?" Ha Ha

TBuck

John S

Jimbob, coulda been worse....a Micheal Jackson doll! I was as nervous as anyone about cutting on a good wheel, but as everyone around here knows, Todd and Thom are as straight shooters as they come, and I trust them. And glad as hell I did. That cut made a good wheel great. You should come to Three lakes and display that wheels potential. First drinks on me, the rest Jay will take care of.

BigCountryx

Ok, two part question.

First, I was told this was a 28" Allison Cut Chopper. From these pics, can anyone tell me anything more about it?

Second, is there enough left to Knob Cut this beast?

whipper

That number is the latest big ear chopper 28 Merc Chopper 11 flow tourque hub. The A77r must stand for Allison bla bla R for race cut? Looks to be stock blade area threw the tips. Buy the looks to the naked eye without setting it on a template it {looks} full blade area on the tips but near the back of the hub? Hears a pic of my bone stock 30 chopper11. for comparasin in a similar shot from above. It would apear there was some fat trimmed fron the bottom of the hub up near to the tips on the leading edge? Also apears to have a little bit more cup added. It looks sweet though.The bottom pic is this prop turned into a knob cut.

Last edited:

whipper

Buy just looking at my Stock chopper11 and the 28.5 pitch knob I had Todd cut for me and your ally cut I would think theres enough but the tips look suspect for diameter in a knob? You could if theres not enough tip area to keep the 14.5 dia have the diameter changed to 14 1/4 in the knob if thats an option by Todd? But really Todd would only be the one to tell if yours has enough blade of course. I'm just guessing going buy looks. Have you measured the diameter and blade area? Center of hub to tip X 2 = diameter and blade need to be 5 inches for stock cant remember the width of the knob or TX-3 any more? Looks very close to be a candidate.

Brack

it looks to be a very nice chopper-2 with the weed cutters removed,.....I think it would be a good candidate for the knob job, .........