Search results

1. N

Smartcraft Warning Question

My 2006 Merc 200xs has a constant engine malfunction lamp. Upon inspection I noticed some coil wires that got exposed rubbing on a starter bolt. I suspect it gave me error code counts but the engine runs perfect. Is there a way to clear the codes without the DDT? Thanks, Norm
  2. N

OMC Trolling Motor For Sale

TM - Sold!!!
  3. N

OMC Trolling Motor For Sale

OMC Trolling Motor For Sale - Sold!!! Complete working 24 volt TM for sale. Was taken off my 1997 XB2002 last year and has been stored in the garage. Will send pics to those who are interested. I bought the boat about 4 years ago and the TM looked like it never was used. I used the TM just...
  4. N

Allison Decals

Here is a pic of the new decals I received.
  5. N

06 200XS Engine Malfuction Warning

I wanted to post as an fyi. I took my boat out after sitting all winter and noticed the Smartcraft gauge engine icon and warning bell flashing. No audible alarm ever sounded and no loss of power or Guardian system ever kicked in. Took it in for diagnostics and turned out one of the coils had...
  6. N

Motor Totor? Yes or No

Sorry Guys for not thanking all the responces. I've been out of town. But I like Kevin from FL's pics. That's good stuff. I had the feeling we'd all have different opinions on the subject. My XB02 is luggin the 480lb 200XS and although I know our Ally transoms are tough I just want to...
  7. N

Motor Totor? Yes or No

Ha Yall, How many yall use a motor totor and how many don't give a hoot cause it don't hurt nutin runnin without one. I asked a marine dealer (non Allison) about using a turn buckle for the bow eye and his responce was "let it bounce! You ever had to git up in there and change a bow eye...
  8. N

New Allison Owner

John It's easly to go fast. Mash it and it'll go. Trim it and it will rise out of the water. Look down and all of a sudden your doing 80. Leave enough control and room on the water to Ease Down On The Throttle Slowly and avoid bow steering the boat into the tules. Have fun and good luck...
  9. N

Steering Wheel Trim Switch

Yeah Froggy mine was intermitent as well. The way it was acting I thought it was set up like a steering wheel horn where you have a roller going around a flat disc. But Blue Gray in PA is correct in that you should try let the wires run loosely coming out of the steering shaft to allow for...
  10. N

I took it apart last night. Please note this is cable steering. My steering wheel has 2 switches and the wires tie together under the steering wheel. I found a broken connection at the splice where the power splits off to both switches. The red power wire was soldered and crimped with...
  11. N

Can someone explain why my Allison steering wheel trim buttons has been erratic. It's been cold out and the trim switch works when it wants too. The shift control button works fine. What's it look like under the steering wheel of my XB02. I know the switch is built into the steering wheel...
  12. N

starting in gear

Is there a difference between the Sportmaster and Torquemaster gear sets. Or is it because the prop size is what the concern is all about(leading to chips/wear). On my 200xs I feel like it's even hard to take it out of gear.
  13. N

Fire Extinguisher Mounting

Fishnfireman...I stand corrected. I do not avocate putting extinguishers in compartments. The right thing to do is mount them where they are readily accessable. I teporarily put mine in a compartment so I can go fishing until I decide the proper place to mount it. Right John.
  14. N

Yeah John I was thinking the same place. Behind the driver seat. I am not a fan of drilling holes or making alterations that may haunt you later. For now I threw it in the starboard rear compartment but I think I'll move it to where jerryingeorgia has his. The starboard rod locker...
  15. N

I'm taking a poll on fire mounting on an XB2002. Any suggestions welcome.
  16. N

Condolences to a Friend

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
  17. N

Boat Registration Number's Police

Hey Sking did you bout spill your Crown and Coke? :D I got pulled over for a sobriety test last week and they come slammin into my boat with their rubber bouys like I was a drug runner. My boat might as well been a river barge. I know most of us Ally owners are there to support boating...
  18. N

2002XbT as my main tourny fishing boat Vs 2003xb

Pick the XB2002 if you really want to Haul Some Bazz.
  19. N

xbo2 setback

John S....Sorry I've been out workin....I have not gotten top speed yet but I did get 93 mph @ 6200. That's only with gages so I think + or - 1mph. I know I can get more with seat time. I'm gonna get a gps so my friends(you guys) don't call me a liar. Plus I'm the Newbly(New Allison Owner)...
  20. N

xbo2 setback

John S I'm runnin an XB02T 200/XS 30 ET prop Ally Foil 3 batteries with a 10 Ally setback and by myself it takes 4450 rpm to get on plane. I don't feel like my setup is slow gettin on plane. As for bow lift I feel like I have plenty but you add a person(my buddy weighs 210lbs) or put a fishy...