Search results

1. S

If you like yellow and red..2003 Allison XB21 2+2/2006 300xs

I was interested in that boat when Ed had it.When I sold my other allison I called him and left a message I was ready to do get serious about it,but he never returned my call.I felt like he had sold it but didn't know where it had gone to.I have bought another boat that I'm satisfied with since...
  2. S

Xtb 21???

Both are great boat's.The xtb was more fun to drive at 90 plus and seemed a bit quicker.If it had a larger deck and storage lids like the 2003 I would probably still have it.My .02 cents worth.Lanny
  3. S

Allison wanted..........

Yes,It had a fat lip that kept pushing the nose down at speed.I brought it down to about .008 and now it's perfect.Keep looking and you'll find that puppy that just suits you.Thanks Lanny
  4. S

xb21 prosport

Robert,That's a nice looking prosport. I'm going to put my 2003 up for sale.If it sells I'll be interested in your boat.I have a 250xs on my 2003 now.What will it push the 21 with 2 and a normal load?Thanks Lanny cell# 706 476 9091
  5. S

Allison wanted..........

I have a 98 2003 on a tandem trailer in great condition.color electronics with gps,allison cmc hydraulic plate plus 12 inch allison plate.It has the red hp hydraulic steering cylinder.The hull is white and grey carpet.Trolling motor is 24v omc.3 new batteries.The boat has never been left outside...
  6. S

2003 center steer/250xs setup

Sorry guys for being slow to respond.I travel a good part of the week and will go several days without logging in.Thanks RA for the concern and input.The one thing I have learned in the 30 plus years that I have owned and run Allisons is to take it slow in the setup changes and really get to...
  7. S

Optimax ??

I have seen a couple of opti's with 1 or both fuel pumps stuck from sitting too long.I would do the fuel stabilizer plus key on a few times to let the pumps run a little to keep from sticking.Once a month should do the trick.
  8. S

Gary,The hydraulic will not be used unless I'm going to lower down to carry the kids and wife out cruising or pulling a tube etc.I have lost a race or 2 fooling with the plate over the years,so I guess I'm old school and mark my engine height and leave it alone.The only pictures of Badbaits boat...
  9. S

Gary,Thanks for the response.It sounds like you had it dialed in before the engine problem.I just finished going up with the engine on the plate,so now I can go above the pad with the hydraulic plate.Waiting on the bigger prop before I go back to the lake.I put it on the ddt to check time on the...
  10. S

Found the problem with pushing the nose down.The lip on the pad was huge.I took it down to .007 and added 2 more inchs to make 7 on setback.At 3/8 below pad I'm hitting the limiter at 5900 with a 30 txp.Speed is at 91 with this setup.I'm going to try raising the motor to even and a 32 txp and...
  11. S

XTB Setup Questions

I would think your motor should be ok turning 6500 to 6600.As for the water pressure, 12 is good for wot and I wouldn't worry as long as your putting out good on your hoses.Lanny
  12. S

XTB Setup Questions

As you go up it should gain rpm and drive better.It also should help the driving by keeping the bow from flying too high.I ran the xtb with the 280 and the boat was a sweet ride.The propshaft was 3/8 above with 12 inch setback.I was turning a 28 3blade perfomer at 7800 and gps 97.8.Balance is...
  13. S

XTB Setup Questions

Try the propshaft at 3/8 below the pad.If your running solo , you will need to add some weight in the left rear compartment .The boat will need to be balanced to run big nbrs. Lanny
  14. S

Thanks guys for all the input.I have a lot of experience with these hulls plus the xtb21,but all with 2.5s.I've read the different opinions about this setup and know how quick things can go wrong.My 1st Allison back 79 was a 17 1/2 ft xst with a 235 omc highly modified.With a lot of setup and...
  15. S

Thanks THarris003,Sorry about your not being able to get on the water.The info should a lot with my setup.It also sounds like Bad bait can help me with this set up ,maybe he can post some info also.Thanks Lanny
  16. S

The gears look good.They are waiting to go in a spare case,they should work fine.Back to the setup,I had 225 opti 3 liter with 11 1/2 setback on this boat and it seemed to be a little too much.If anyone has this combination dialed in on setback,engine heigth ,and prop I would like to hear from...
  17. S

1st trip was with 5"setback,3/8 below pad,30 pitch drag 4,torqemaster with bobs low water and 1:75 gears,1st run nose of boat was pushing down,lowerd plate to about 1 3/4 below pad.That got the boat handling pretty well but was hitting the limiter at 3/4 throttle.The engine is 04 with 5900...
  18. S

2003 xb21

pics to l.banks221@comcast.net please
  19. S

Jim,just thought you might be ready to get rid of the 21 pro sport?My cell is 706 476...

Jim,just thought you might be ready to get rid of the 21 pro sport?My cell is 706 476 9091,Thanks Lanny Banks
  20. S

2009 Bassport Pro

Jim,If you are thinking about getting rid of the pro sport you got from Doc,Let me know.I'm not far up river from you.Thanks Lanny.