Search results

1. K

1997 XB2003 280SS

I'm the original owner of a 1997 XB 2003. I re-powered it in 2012 with a 2005 280ss with 35 original hours since first owner bought new. It now has 71.1 total hours. I did the leak down this week as per pictures. The motor has never been apart. I had Brucatto do the injectors when I bought the...
  2. K

Fair Market Value of Allison I want to sell?

Who can I contact to get a honest opinion on what the fair market value is on my Allison Bassboat that I want to sell. I would like to start a post but I have no idea what the fair market value is. Thanks, Allen
  3. K

2005 280ss raw fuel question

I have a 2005 280ss. I fired it up on the trailer today. No problems. I idle out to the 5mph bout, jumped it up on a plane, ran a 1/4 mile down the lake and started smelling gas. I shut it off and my first thought was an on board fuel leak. Nope. Looked back at the motor and there is a fuel...
  4. K

280ss wiring question

I have a 2005 280ss. When you turn the key on, the fuel pump does not run? I checked the relay before the pump and everything is great. I ran a jumper to the pump and it runs. I traced the problem to the factory solid red wire with purple stripe harness that Mercury provides for the fuel pump...
  5. K

Johnson Trolling Motor Parts

After 15 years of use and no repairs I finally broke my Johnson trolling motor. I'm hoping to fix it. It just fits so well on the 2003 that I hate to install anything else. Under the pedal is a large sealed electrical component that my friend says is a rheostat. It clicks but does not turn...
  6. K

Hydromotive X O/T

I have a brand new 26 X O/T for sell. I got it directly from Todd. I have run it one time and I want to go another direction. I have 675 invested. $500 plus shipping Allen
  7. K

280 Electrical Question

Hey Guys, I need to find out who can help me. I went to the lake on Saturday and at the end of the day the brand new start battery was dead. I brought the boat home and opened the service manual and ran through the checklist. I have a 2005 280 ss, service manual 90-840151 1098. On page...
  8. K

Melted Wire and Damage?

Hey guys, Yesterday I made the most sickening mistake of my life. I don't know how I did it but I hooked up the wires on the start battery backwords. I turned the main switch on, walked around the motor and started to trim the motor up and smoke was coming out of the cowl. I turned the main...
  9. K

280 clear gel on plugs

Gentlemen, I have ran my new 280 four times now, 20 gallons a day. Last run 1 week ago. When I bought the motor it had champions in it and they were black with carbon, looked normal. Before I ran the motor I bought new NGK plugs, the Heat range 8 posted on this forum under spark plugs. Yesterday...
  10. K

280ss RPM's ???????

Gents, I just bought a Hydromotive X OT. 28. It is the best prop I have ever bolted on in 14 years. It drives so easy. I have some RPM concerns. It seems a little tall maybe for a tournament load. Yesterday I ran it up to about 88 at 6800 or so. So here is my question, Will it hurt the 280 to...
  11. K

280 ss trim gauge?????

Can you guys help me with some suggestions on where I can buy a trim gauge for my new 280 ss. I took it out today for the 2nd Time and I just feel uncomfortable without the trim gauge. I just lose track of where I'm at. I don't want to make a mistake at 90 mph. FYI, I won my club Tournament...
  12. K

New Merc Trim Question

I finally got the pump primed but now it does the strangest thing. Both the up and down button causes the Merc to only go in one direction. I can switch the blue/white stripe with the green/white stripe and it switches direction. Up/down on switch, merc only goes down. Switch wires Up/down and...
  13. K

Merc Trim Pump Frustration

The pump runs both up and down. It's a new install for my 280. I have the shop Manual. It says to fill it, leave the dip stick out and run it. The hoses are empty because they are new. I disconnected the up hose at the bottom of the ram, no trim fluid comes out. The pump simply is full but does...
  14. K

280 transom saver????

I tried my old swivl-eze off my 1996 225 super-mag 20inch and it does not fit my new 2005 280 ss. The one I'm talking about goes in the holes in the clamp bracket and then you lowered the motor and it came down and sat where the 2 nuts are on the mid section. So, does anyone have a source to...
  15. K

Prop insert/splined insert

I need to buy the insert for a large shaft sports master. My local prop dealer has the stock steel mercury unit with the rubber strips. Is this what I need for my 280 or is there an after market unit that you guys prefer. Thanks, Allen
  16. K

Insurance Questions????

Gentlemen, I'm repowering my 1997 2003 from a 225 to a 280ss. I don't want to call my agent for fear of them dropping my current coverage. But I have to disclose I have got rid of the 1996 225 and replaced it with a 2005 280ss. Can you guys please refer me a name of an agent and company who CAN...
  17. K

Allison cut 26 Chopper II ???

What is the Allison Cut, who does the work, where do I get one. Why does the cut work better that a stock 26 chopper or chopper II. I want to run this on a 2003 with my new 2005 280 ss. Thanks, Allen
  18. K

Allison Cut 26 chopper II ??????

I want to buy a 26 chopper. But, what is the Allison Cut, and who does the work. Why does the Cut perform differently than a stock 26 chopper or chopper II. I want to get one for my 2003 with my new 2005 280 SS. Thanks, Allen
  19. K

I need to talk to Lars???

Can you fellow boaters tell me what Lar's username is. I have a prop of his and I want to discuss its purchase. I just don't know how to reach him. A phone number would be great!! Thanks, Allen Cordy 530-547-4242, home 530-347-1700
  20. K

wanted, service manual

I just bought a 2005 280 ss. I have the little book from mercury but does anyone want to sell an actual shop manual. I'm looking for something that gives complete specs, details, and wiring diagrams etc. Thanks, Allen