Search results

1. W

99 Allison XB2003

1999’ Allison XB2003 PST- SOLD Pending payment. THANKS ALLISON OWNERS
  2. W

Sad Weekend for Me (selling boat)

I detailed my Allison for the last time. As soon as the sun comes back out in the "Valley of the Sun". :sad I'll be taking some nice pictures of my XB2003 and listing her in the for sale section. It's sad to think my Allison is being exchanged for furniture and shutters for the new house...
  3. W

Truck Detailing

After 5 days and a total of 36 hours I've just completed the detail job on my truck. Man, back is killing me but the results were worth it. What do you think for a 2012 daily driver with 20k on it? Anybody spot the Allison?
  4. W

Seat Removal

Help! How do you remove the driver seat on a 99' XB2003? I want to clean up the tracks. TIA
  5. W

Eagle One Performance

Anybody have experince with this Flordia company? I noticed a lot of ads on S&F. They offer a machine shop service to resurface drive and props shafs for sportsmasters. Has anyone had this done by them? Seems like a good solution for my ailing shafts.:gasp
  6. W

WTB 20" Sportsmaster

Okay I've delayed this repair to long. I'm in need of a good complete sportsmaster. Anybody out there have a spare sporty they want to get rid of?
  7. W

Fishing Club Question

I find myself in a rut when it comes to bassfishing, always going to the same spots doing the same tecniques etc. To bring my fishing skills to the next level a decided to join a local fishing club, that way I could fish with different people that have same passion I do. Now the bad news...
  8. W

280 to 225 Question

I posted this on BBC thinking Jay would respond and got no love.:mad: I have a JSRE 280 on a 20" mid and I'm considering replacing the powerhead with a 225PM. Will this work as long as I swap a complete powerhead IE: electronics etc? Is the 225 PM powerhead going to be compatable with my mid...
  9. W

Wwyd

What Would You Do? Need help deciding what to do. I have a stock SM sitting under my 280 that has badly pitted shafts (both prop and drive). This is on a 99 2003XB. My options are: 1- Rebuild existing unit. 2- Look for used unit. 3- Change to a coned unit 4- Go crazy and change...
  10. W

Havasu Merc Mechanic

When I posted about my Sporty leaking someone suggested a Merc mechanic in Lake Havasu. For some strange reason that post is missing from the thread now. If someone knows this top wrench in Lake Havasu please send me his contact info. Even though Cabelas tells me it's sealed I don't trust...
  11. W

Sporty Leaking

I discovered a quarter sized drop of lower unit oil in the garage floor under my sporty. I pulled the prop hoping it was coming from the drain plug; no such luck. It looks like it's coming from around the large outer ring that looks like a retaining ring of some kind. I assume there is a seal...
  12. W

Boxing in Alli Jackplate

I'm thinking about boxing in my Alli Jackplate with aluminum sheet so I can put some floatation balls in there. Has anyone done this? Any tips for a junior fabricator? TIA
  13. W

Thinking About a Change

I'm thinking about selling my JSRE 280 and putting a ProMax 225 on my XB03. How much speed, acceleration would I lose? I love the sound and performance of my 280 but I really fish alot and have already put 47.9 hours on my fresh rebuild in less then a year. At this rate I'll be re-ringing...
  14. W

Who Watches Power Block TV

While watching Power Block TV Saturday I came up with a crazy idea. Wouldn't it be cool if they had a similar show for outboard motor mods? Westy
  15. W

Autometer Pro Comp Gauges

I know I read on here awhile back that some of you have installed Autometer Pro Comp gauges. What sender did you use for the water temp? The sender on my 280 has 4 wires coming out of it. I assume that the extra wires are for the temp alarm system. Did you just keep the stock sensor from...
  16. W

The 280's Back

My 280 just arrived back from JSRE. I can't wait to get it back on and start breaking it in.:very happy Westy
  17. W

Holding Your Balls In (Volleyballs)

What do you guys use to hold the volleyballs inside the jackplate? The jackplate on my XB03 is open on the top and bottom and I would like to put some volleyballs in there. Westy
  18. W

Terrova Install

Anybody else install a Terrona on your XB03? It was not a simple task. I had to fabricate a plate that would extend the removable mount out far enough so the troller would clear when deployed. I also discovered that the foot pedal would not fit in my comfortrol pan so I had to use their...
  19. W

What Troller Thrust?

Hey guys I need another opinion. I have a XB03, fish inland lakes and want to go to the new MK iPilot troller. I currently have a MG 82# tour that works great but I'm sucking juice from my starter battery because I don't want to add the weight of a third battery. So I'm debating on going to...
  20. W

Removing Powerhead on 280

I'm getting ready to pull the powerhead. I've removed all the fuel, electrial lines, cables and the lower cowling skirt. I only see six bolts that look like they hold the powerhead to the mid. Three on each side and two in the front. Is that all that needs to come off or am I missing some...